Thursday, September 08, 2005

This is Life


Hurricane Katrina

This is Life
_______________________________________________________________________________
By Shaye



Bitter wind slaps indiscriminately against my forgotten, lucid windows while my melancholy tears, inflamed with tenderness, cascade wearily and stain my velvet journal of yesteryear a deep hue of azure.

This is alone.

Hesitation peeks in momentarily from the sleek corner of my worn eyes—swollen and drained yet still lovely, in an odd sense. I wince. Another untruth, another abandonment, another cease of power. I surrender my all for some sanity..any solace.

This is afraid.

Solitude envelops my nakedness-refined in the serene seclusion. All denigrated are those sorrows, weeps and nightly rhythmic whimpers. The stale warmth of the diminutive crawl space is my Sabbath. I cry for me. You. Us.

This is without Love.

4 comments:

  1. WOW, the words became too real. I could smell, taste, and feel as well as sense the vision of the spoken word. Wonderful expression of someone in the mist of the storm. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are certainly powerful words...the picture was a great imagery.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful poem. My life feels real stormy these days. This piece really connected.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous4:24 PM

    Love is all there is, and all is love.

    ReplyDelete