Tayari Jones has "tagged" me! My assignment: to write fifteen interesting facts about my writing/reading life. I'm not sure I have that many but Imma give it a black girl try. PS. What is written on the blog, stays on the blog. You'll see what I mean in a minute.
1. Most of my creativity comes while I am at work which can be sort of inconvenient since I am not getting paid to write!
2. I listen to reggae mainly to type.
3. I talk outloud to myself when I am trying to work through dialogue but only answer 50 percent of the time.
4. I run movie marathons for my kids when I'm under deadline. I thought about the NyQuil solution but didn't resort to it.
5. I am obsessive about cleaning my computer monitor when writing. Stray potato chip flake can often be mistaken for commas.
6. I judge a book by it's cover. I've admitted it - which is the first step - and I am seeking help.
7. If per chance you are perusing my recent reading material and you happen to find a fingerprint it will be cheese flavored guaranteed. It's my favorite reading food.
8. Naked is better in most things that you do; especially reading.
9. A glass of wine will improve most anyone's writing skills.
10. Erotica still makes me blush; naked or otherwise.
If I disclose anymore, I just may have to kill you. Mission complete. Cydney Rax and Shelia Goss ... tag you're it.