Monday, November 13, 2006

NaNoWriMo Update

Just wanted to stop by and give you a brief update on my progress with NaNoWriMo. You can always click on my page to check my progress and read the excerpt that is currently posted: My NaNoWriMo Page

All in all I think it is going well. My word count is where it is supposed to be for the second week. The goal is not to have a polished manuscript so I am focusing more on just moving the story line along. Normally, I like to edit as I go - starting with the skeleton of the story and adding the meat as the story becomes more a part of me - but I am trying very hard not to get caught up in the perfection trap because it can seriously slow down word production.

Also, the story I am writing is an extremely emotional one. Considering where my life is right now, that could be a double edged sword. I certainly have the emotions to pull from but at times, it does become a bit much to endure as I tend to get overly attached to my characters. But I continue to plow through it, knowing that I will only be stronger because of it.

I have terrific writing buddies: enigma.ink, writerwritz, TeeCRoyal and WashuSaotome. I have an even more fantastic support team. So all of the tools are in place. Even my little cheerleaders - Tyler and Junior - have been very cooperative in letting mommy work.

My Survival Kit has been replenished- with the exception of the strong pair of hands; those are irreplacable. I did switch from Vanilla Candles to a more flowery scent. The Vanilla was making my sleepy.

And the offer for Margarita's upon completion of NaNoWriMo still stands!

Now there's nothing left to do but write, write, write!

No comments:

Post a Comment