Friday, November 24, 2006

Random Acts Of Kindness

Now that many are getting ready for the holiday season I thought this would be a good time to take a moment and send out some positive energy by simply appreciating the little acts of kindness that often go unnoticed.

For example: Did you notice the kind act someone did for you today?

Did you take a moment to appreciate that kind act?

You may have to search for that kind act - but it's there - it may have been something simple - like a cup of coffee being handed to you, or a friend saying something nice.

We all need to be appreciated.

When we do something for somebody, or say something kind to somebody and they respond with appreciation - it sure makes you feel good. In many cases you want to do it again.

But how often have you done something for someone and got no appreciation in return?

When that you have you probably don't feel very good and you may even avoid that person in the future.

We all love being appreciated.

So today take a moment to appreciate somebody - you'll make them feel good and you'll feel even better.

You'll then start this infectious cycle - where the more people you appreciate - the more appreciation goes around and the better everybody feels.

If somebody doesn't respond kindly - move on. Ignore them - it's their loss - they're not going to enjoy all that positive energy that you and everyone you appreciate is spreading.

Appreciate your fiancee, wife, kids, family members, friends,colleagues, bosses, even the person at the coffee shop that serves you your morning coffee. A little act of kindness goes a long.

When you appreciate others, you send out a tremendous amount of positive energy that comes back to you tenfold. Don't believe me? Try it for the next few days - and see how things go.

Don't get upset if you don't get a positive response - remember - it's their loss.

When you appreciate people - your subconscious mind picks up on this positive energy and attracts more positive people and situations into your life. Your subconscious mind says - Hey you're appreciating people, you're being positive - let's get you some more of this good stuff. That's when things really start to change.

Earlier this morning I went into a coffee shop (amidst the rush of holiday shoppers) and as I was walking in I saw a woman standing outside with a rather unpleasant look. Both her hands were full with shopping bags and it was clear that she couldn't open the door. So I kindly opened the door for her. She couldn't thank me enough.

I told her there was no need to thank me - I was merely doing what anybody else would do. That's when she surprised me. She said: "I've been trying to get in for the past 5 minutes and nobody could be bothered to hold the door open. I can't open it - I wish I could. But I was about to give up until you came along."

Wow!

Everyone was so focused on getting to the sales that nobody would hold the door open for her.

She was clearly happy that I held the door open for her and because she was so happy I even offered to carry her bags inside and get her a table while she ordered her coffee.

Would you have done the same? I sure hope so.

We all need little acts of kindness. We all benefit from these little acts of kindness.

This holiday season you may be in a rush to get somewhere - but take a moment to open the door for someone or express a little act of kindness.

You'll make someone feel a lot better and you'll feel better in return.

Sometimes we get too consumed with our own thoughts we ignore the little positive acts that go unappreciated.

Take time to appreciate those around you - you'll brighten their day, feel a lot better and attract more positive situations.

Continue to be blessed!

No comments:

Post a Comment