Wednesday, November 01, 2006

What is NaNoWriMo?

National Novel Writing Month is a fun, seat-of-your-pants approach to novel writing. Participants begin writing TODAY! The goal is to write a 175-page (50,000-word) novel by midnight, November 30. And yes, I have decided to bite the bullet and participate. So if I am MIA for the next 30 days just know that I am working towards a greater cause. Not really sure what that is yet. I'll let you know when I figure it out.

My novel is entitled, "Journey Back To Nyack" and it is a historical fiction. We are supposed to post excerpts as we write so to read mine log on to My NaNoWriMo Page.

Emails, text messages, postings and love letters do not count towards the 50,000 words. Sooooooo with that said ... I apologize for my rudeness up front if any correspondence is not returned.

My writing buddy writerwritz (who has written over 4,000 words already!) had a fabulous idea: NaMoWriMo Survival Kit. I do steal great ideas but always give credit where credit is due.

My Survival Kit:

2 Vanilla Candles (sets mood for romantic scenes)
Ambiance of Moments CD (compilation of love songs)
Honey Scub Bath and Body Gift Basket (my baby boys gave it to me for mother's day)
1 bag of Starbuck's Coffee (I'm waking up an hour early just to write)
1 new box of my favorite writing pens: uni-ball Gel RT Med
All of Iyanla Vanzant's books for inspiration('cause I'm gonna need it)
Strong pair hands to massage all of the aches from my shoulders (self-explanatory)

To all the NaMoWriMo participants: Good Luck and Happy Writing! November 30th ... Margarita's on me!

Excuse me while I get to writing .............

1 comment:

  1. Love the Survival Kit. Uni-ball Gel Rt Med pens rock! With the impending publication (FINALLY!!) of "Love's Reparations", I decided to sit it out this year. Good luck to you. See you at the finish line!

    ReplyDelete