Friday, March 02, 2007

Life is not always a smoothly paved-road

some times it's pretty damn rough - in disrepair - rocky from heartbreak. marked by potholes overflowing with disappointment, and often impassable from loss, grief and misunderstanding.

but even in the worst of times, I can still through my hands up and scream, "I'm STILL HERE!"

I can still offer my love - free from judgement, my faith - stronger in the midst of the storm and my hope - that remains unwavering, to those who may seem a little short of their own.

it is also the time when writing ushers in the tranquility of understanding that within the universe everything is as it should be.

perfect.

(during this last writing period - poetry was my weapon of choice. here are two haiku offerings)

life's fragility
dew on freshly cut grass
pain of a lover's heart

the storm simmers down
I still stand, hope, love, dream, smile
with arms wide open

7 comments:

  1. Anonymous3:39 PM

    this is beautiful.

    I love the haikus.

    especially the first one!


    life's fragility
    dew on freshly cut grass
    pain of a lover's heart


    I was reading The Color Purple, and Miss Celie said she may be black and ugly, but she's here. She's right and so are you. Inspite of everything that happens in our lives, we're still here. Living, breathing and loving. And that's a blessing that we should not take lightly.

    Thanks for sharing!

    Much love! <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your Haiku's are beautiful, they express what life is all about.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your words are like Manna from heaven on a Saturday night.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the Haiku and yes, "I'm still here!!!" Very positive. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your haikus are good. Both were deep.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is beautiful Haiku! It makes me want to write some myself. I have about 3 on my belt.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I feel this poem. Thanks sis. I needed that.

    ReplyDelete