Sunday, November 19, 2006

The Gospel Of Prosperity



Hip-hop soul legend Mary J. Blige has always let it be known that God was an important part of her life and upbringing. From vignettes on her album to her oft-present cross, the born-again Christian insists that God wants her to have nice things. In a recent 'Blender' magazine article, the sometimes downtrodden diva stated:

"My God is a God who wants me to have things. He wants me to bling. He wants me to be the hottest thing on the block. I don't know what kind of God the rest of y'all are serving, but the God I serve says, 'Mary, you need to be the hottest thing this year, and I'm gonna make sure you're doing that.'"

Could Mary J. be a proponent of what many term ''The Gospel of Prosperity?"

Read the rest of the article!

If you're broke does that mean you're not a good Christian? Take the poll on my WGCI Personality page!

Happy Sunday!

No comments:

Post a Comment