Saturday, November 18, 2006

Random Thoughts on a Crisp Saturday Morning

Why is it just now hitting me how close we are to Thanksgiving? The menu has been set but why in the world haven't I even thought about a grocery list? Do we get way to caught up in the ceremony of certain holidays and fail to remember or reflect on the meaning behind them?

Speaking of holidays, why are the stores already implementing their evil marketing strategies to make us spend more money on presents than we really need to? Both of my babies are already making lists and they are only 5 and 3. It is INSANE. I never realized how brainwashed we get around the holidays by zealous ad agencies until I had children.

Just one more holiday thought, "is it really the thought that counts"? We try to do a grab bag at work so that we are not spending too much money on co-workers when rightfully that money can be spent somewhere else. Good idea right? I thought so too. So why did they announce that the minimum would be 500 dollars????? I thought I was going to pass out. Now, I know I work with ballers that can probably afford it - I can't speak for all - but I sure in the hell am not going to spend 500 plus dollars on someone I probably don't like anyway. I mean, we just work together, right? We have lost the whole meaning of behind the holidays.

Is it just me or is OJ Simpson just plain crazy? Now, I know he has a book to promote so it makes sense that he has started to make the television rounds but who in their right "innocent" mind would say, "I didn't kill my ex-wife, BUT if I did, here's how I would do it." C-R-A-Z-Y.

Along the lines of murder, does anyone else kill their children's pet fish at such a rapid pace as I do? We didn't even name this one. Poor anonymous fish, you sure hung in there. You just had no idea that you were being adopted by the mommy dearest of fish. Back to the pet store. We'll try it again.

Have you ever taken a moment to stop and listen to the thoughts that run through your head at any given moment? I really think that we can be harder on our self than anyone else. I had this conversation with my cousin the other day. It's the reason I love affirmations. They are a great way to counteract some of the negative thoughts that stomp freely in our brains. I just may do a post on affirmations later today.

Is it me or does Starbucks have the best racket going? I'm twitching right now; anxious for a fix. And to think that the prices just went up. Magic Johnson has become the ghetto JOE dealer bring all that liquid crack to impoverished areas. Some mornings I just wish they would attach an IV and give me a Carmel Machiatto drip.

This just popped into my head as I'm watching a LifeTime television movie, entitled "A Woman's Betrayal." Why is it that women can't just wish other well and be done with it? Once again, I have a friend dealing with the backstabbing of her so called "girl". She looks to me for sympathy and I do feel for her but in my mind I'm saying, "here we go again." She really should have seen this one coming. It's the second time with the same friend. It's gotten sickening to see how low women will stoop to try to get what they want. And to make it even worse, usually it's over some man that doesn't even want them. Hell, I should have made this thought number one. Because honestly with the majority of women, it's always DRAMA, which is why I limit my female friends to a very small number. Don't get me wrong, I love the bonding that can occur between women when all parties are mature, honest and sincerely want the best for each other ... it can be very powerful on a personal and professional level. I have some phenomenal female friends and mentors. It just doesn't happen very often which is why I keep the onese I have very close to me. They are truly precious and hard to find. And JMO, I don't need male friends. It is very hard for men and women to be just friends. Especially if you're in a relationship. What's the point? If your man is worth anything, he is all the friend you'll ever need. Again .... JMO.

There is almost nothing better than a good book and a thick, freshly washed comforter on a quiet Saturday morning ... before the kids get up and the rest of the world starts moving .... it's like spending quality time with a good friend.

The only thing better than that is being in love.

Happy Saturday.

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous1:52 PM

    You are so funny. Don't feel bad I am horrible with fish and plants.I think every plant and flower is a bush. Why buy something you have to feed and nurtur. I already have a son and a needy man in my life. My poor son is lucky I remeber to feed him.Good thing kids let you know when they are hungry. I'm bad I can go all day running around and not stop to eat.

    I totally agree with you on O.J. The man is out of his mind. Even though the chances are minimal he does risk getting himself in more legal problems.

    ReplyDelete